POSTED ON 13th july 2018 BY PRISCA NTUMBA
The creative economy is growing.
1. Last year saw it generate £91.8bn a year to the UK economy and the number just keeps on rising at faster rates.
2. Greater economy equals greater employment and higher pay. The industry is not as congested as it used to be.
3. Creative jobs are pretty high on the future proof scale.
4. Representation is improving. Probably due to self-employment and freelancing but still growing regardless.
5. Self- employment, Freelancing and contracting make the opportunities endless. There is no genuine need to be tied down to one job.
6. You can be on the receiving end of some pretty decent tax breaks. Especially if involved in film development/production, animation and video games.
Written by Prisca Ntumba
We want to hear from you! Let us know your thoughts below, tweet us at @eric_festival or instagram us at @ericfestival!